Sabado, Hulyo 26, 2014

17TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR A


“LET GO! AND LET GOD…”

Before I enter the seminary, I had a girlfriend, a beautiful girlfriend. We have been in our relationship for quite a long time. We even planned to get married, since; I have already finished my studies in college that time. It was a great plan. However, something came up; somebody invited me to enter the seminary and I joined. While I’m in the seminary formation, I enjoy and begun to love my vocation. Then, the crisis begins. I need to choose: the beautiful girlfriend or my vocation. It becomes a challenged to let go of something. Either I have to continue my priestly vocation or give up. But, it’s been a very long time process, lots of meditation, and lots of reflections. I made my decision when I nearly finish my studies in theology. I have to let go my beautiful girlfriend.

Greetings!

My dear friends our gospel today speaks of parables: the parable of the treasure buried in the field, the fine pearls, and the nets. Each of these parables points to the nature of the kingdom of Heaven. The parable of the buried treasure expresses on our discovery of the kingdom of Heaven. When we discover Jesus in our life, everything in the world is secondary. Many of the world’s richest person let go of their material possessions because they discover Jesus in their life. It is also the same in the parable of the fine pearls for they know that great prize has been awaiting them in the life’s to come.

In life, sometimes, we need to let go of something for the sake of others or for the sake of the kingdom of God. Yet, letting go is not that easy. Letting go is very difficult especially if that person or that thing is the one you love the most. Letting go is a painful experience it requires time, effort and even your energy to do it. Nevertheless, Jesus encourages us today to let go some of our possessions like the man who found the treasure in the field. He sells everything he has to buy that field.
For example, material possessions are not real treasures. The real or true treasure is the Kingdom of Heaven. However, sometimes in our life we are chasing false treasures like money that does not give us real happiness but problem.

Today, we are challenged, whatever our situations are, learn to let go. Your letting go may happen to be keys to real happiness.

Busa kadtong manag uyab diha nga nagbreak na! let him/her go! Fine peace! Fine freedom! Fine heaven the real treasures.

Learn to let go because only then that you will feel at peace, freedom, then you will realize it’s the real happiness.


Learn to let go!

1 komento: