Sabado, Enero 24, 2015

3RD SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B


YOU ARE CALLED BY GOD

When I was still a child, I have no ambition to become a priest. It was not in my dream to be a man of God. In my elementary years, I just enter the church twice; one when I was baptized and the other one when I took a mango fruit from my neighbor without asking permission. The owner went after us, and we decided to hide ourselves at the church since during that time there was a Flores de mayo. 

When I went to high school, I joined a gangster in our school and become a braggart. The call of God came only in my late 20’s. During that time, I was already a member of the Diocesan youth apostolate in the diocese of Malaybalay, when a priest recruited me to be part of the shepherd of the church. But, you know, I hesitated to joined, since, during that time I also have a girlfriend with me. My dream is to have a family with many children but God calls me in this kind of life.  Now, I become a priest and  a good man in the community and I am not ashamed of it.

The gospel today remembers the call of some of the disciples first to Simon Peter and his brother Andrew and without hesitation they followed him. Then, to James and John and immediately left their nets and followed him.  I am always amazed at their response to the call of God; they left everything even their parents, properties and works just to follow the Lord Jesus.  There is absolutely NO hesitation on the part of the fishermen when they hear the call, “The immediacy of the response is remarkable. 

My dear friends, we are all called by God. Understanding the call is not only refers to those who are called to a religious life or consecrated life but to all. We know that to have a family of your own is also a call. Those who are marriage are also called to serve the family. This is the reason why you have been working very hard to support your family

Being single is also a call. We call it: single blessedness. This call is for those people who wanted to serve the flock of God in their own way of life.

Since every one of us are called by God. We must take seriously the responsibility given to us by our God. For those who have a family of their own, please take good care of your family. For those who are single be responsive also to the need of the people around you. For those who live religious life or consecrated life, be serious with your vocation.

Today, we also challenged the young to reflect and meditate your own vocation in the future. Reflect of what you want to be in the future. If you hear the call of God don’t hesitate to answer Him.

We are all called bad and good alike. We are all called.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento