Linggo, Agosto 16, 2015

20th SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B


LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU

Nakahinumdom ko sa akong amigo kaniadto samtang nagkaon siya ug mangga nga hinog siya miingon: “kaon ka?” “o mokaon ko”. “PAGTANOM” he said. The response is some kind of sarcastic but somehow it seems to be true. In order for me to eat more mangos I should plant a mango tree. When you plant something it does not happen overnight for you to yield a harvest. For example, planting rice needs a lot of time before you can obtain a harvest. You need to exert efforts in order to have a good harvest. Most of the time farmers are working very hard to have a good harvest. It needs sacrifices especially time, effort, money and many others before you can have a plentiful and a joyful harvest.

Today’s gospel is almost the same gospel reading from the previous Sundays that we had. Jesus Christ is talking about bread: ‘I am the living bread that comes down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever. I think this is last one that Jesus will be talking about bread from heaven. 

On the other Sundays, we were talking about the graces of God as abundant; Just eat all you can. Last Sunday, I was talking about bread- the real presence of God in the Eucharist.

 Our reflection today is the pick of our reflection about the bread of life. Today, Jesus said:”Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.” When I said that, Jesus is really present in the host that we receive every Sunday is really true. This communion will bring us to eternal life is also true but it does not happen suddenly. It is not a magical wand that will automatically bring us to heaven. It does not happen abruptly.  We need to do something about it. We need to work for it because as saint James said “faith without works is useless”. What I mean her is that every day or everyday Sunday we take communion, we go to the church; every day we pray but if it does agree with what we do, it means nothing. Jesus said if you eats my flesh and drinks my blood I will remain in you and you in me. This may mean that we also need to work for it. we need to imitate what Jesus' doings. Take what Jesus is trying to say to you. If he said be a good man, follow the holy gospel, share you blessing and help other people, we need to do it because this is what Jesus is doing. In others words, we are encourage to like Jesus. 

Kada adlaw ta mag-ampo, kada adlaw ta magsimba pero limbungan diay ta sa negosyo. You are always praying the rosary but you have a very bad attitude towards your workers. This kind of life is not what Jesus is trying to tell us today. He want to tell us to be like Him. Since we want to be with Jesus then we must also act like Jesus. Be like Jesus because he said that if we ate his body and drink his blood he will remain in us.


Everything I said today only means one thing. Let others see Jesus in you! Again, let others see Jesus in you!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento